Athletic event safety changes
In light of recent incidents at school sporting events, Broken Arrow Public Schools has made some changes to the safety procedures fans will experience at all athletic events held in Broken Arrow facilities. School administrators and coaches ask for your cooperation in observing these new regulations, which will be effective starting Monday, Sept. 18.
- The only bags permitted in athletic facilities are those that are clear and smaller than 12"x6"x12". Exceptions are made for individuals with medical conditions and diaper bags with an accompanying child. (See graphic for more details.)
- Students in grades Pre-K through 8th grade must be accompanied by an adult. Students may sit in the designated student sections or with parents or adult guardians. Loitering will not be allowed.
- All visiting and home students in grades 9-12 must show their current student ID to gain admittance to the game. No exceptions will be made. Students in grades 9-12 should wear their current student ID visible by lanyard around their neck if they plan to access designated student sections at any sporting event.
- If you do not attend the game with your student, please be aware that students who do not meet behavioral expectations outlined above will be asked to leave the game. Once exiting the facilities, students will NOT be permitted to reenter without an adult. Adults may reenter by presenting a ticket stub.
- Any student or adult who violates the safety measures in place may be asked to leave the event and/or prohibited from attending future athletic events at Broken Arrow Public Schools.
Our goal with every athletic event is to provide a safe, enjoyable atmosphere for all of our BA citizens and visiting guests, and your support in upholding these expectations is much appreciated.