Become a Substitute
Looking for a flexible schedule? Interested in a career in education? Want to make a difference in the lives of our students? Then join our team by substituting. We offer a wide variety of teacher and classroom support opportunities throughout the district. You may create your own work schedule, work as little or as often as you choose, pick assignments that best fit you and so much more!
View substitute pay rates
View substitutes pay dates (Revised 1/14/2022)
Volunteer & Substitute Process for City Workers
Process for Regular Substitutes
Qualifications to be a Substitute
- Must have a high school diploma or GED to be eligible to substitute
- Does NOT require a teaching certification
- 21 years and older are eligible to substitute for all school sites (early childhood centers, elementary and secondary)
- 18 to 20 years old are eligible to only substitute for early childhood centers, elementary and middle school sites
- Must attend substitute workshop
- Retired Broken Arrow teachers who would like to become a substitute
Submit Online Application and Attend Workshop
All substitute employees must apply online using our electronic application. You will need to create an account with a username and password when you first begin. Once your account has been created, you may return to update your application, add attachments or view your application. You may exit the program at any time and return to complete it at your convenience. If you have applied for other positions in the district, you may log in to your Frontline application and add substitute as a position desired. Please complete any necessary pages for becoming a substitute. Vacancies will be added to the application by workshop dates. Open workshop dates are listed below.
Substitute Workshop Information
It is mandatory that all candidates attend a three hour workshop before substituting. Workshops are held monthly and only the first 30 applicants will be accepted per class.
What to bring to a workshop
Acceptable IDs to be copied during the workshop
$55 cash for fingerprints (checks/money orders are not accepted). NOTE: A background screening will be paid for by the district.
Copy of Oklahoma teaching certificate (if applicable)
Voided check or documentation from your bank for direct deposit
Location of Workshops
- Broken Arrow Public Schools
Education Service Center – Board Room
701 South Main Street
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Upcoming Substitute Workshops
There is a limit of 30 people for each session. If the workshop month is no longer listed below, then the workshop is full. To RSVP for a workshop, please contact Rachel Reece at 918-259-7744 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workshops are 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on the dates listed below.
- Friday, Feb. 11 - canceled
- Wednesday, Feb. 16 (Email to RSVP)
- Friday, Feb. 25 (Email to RSVP)
- Tuesday, March 8 (Email to RSVP)
- Tuesday, March 29 (Email to RSVP)
- Tuesday, April 12 (Email to RSVP)
- Tuesday, May 3 (Email to RSVP)
Have questions or would like additional information?
Please contact Rachel Reece at 918-259-7744 or email@example.com.