Become a Substitute
Looking for a flexible schedule? Interested in a career in education? Want to make a difference in the lives of our students? Then join our team by substituting. We offer a wide variety of teacher and classroom support opportunities throughout the district. You may create your own work schedule, work as little or as often as you choose, pick assignments that best fit you and so much more!
View substitute pay rates.
Qualifications to be a Substitute
- Must have a high school diploma or GED to be eligible to substitute
- Does NOT require a teaching certification
- 21 years and older are eligible to substitute for all school sites (early childhood centers, elementary and secondary)
- 18 to 20 years old are eligible to only substitute for early childhood centers, elementary and middle school sites
- Must attend substitute workshop
- Retired Broken Arrow teachers who would like to become a substitute
Steps to Become a Substitute
All substitute employees must apply online using our electronic application. You will need to create an account with a username and password when you first begin. Once your account has been created, you may return to update your application, add attachments or view your application. You may exit the program at any time and return to complete it at your convenience. If you have applied for other positions in the district, you may log in to your Frontline application and add substitute as a position desired. Please complete any necessary pages for becoming a substitute. Vacancies will be added to the application by workshop dates.
Substitute Workshop Information
It is mandatory that all candidates attend a 2.5 hour workshop before substituting. Workshops are held monthly and only the first 60 applicants will be accepted per class.
What to bring to a workshop
Acceptable IDs to be copied during the workshop
$55 cash for fingerprint and background screening (checks/money orders are not accepted)
Copy of Oklahoma teaching certificate (if applicable)
Voided check or documentation from your bank for direct deposit
Location of Workshops
- Broken Arrow Public Schools
Education Service Center – Board Room
701 South Main Street
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Upcoming Substitute Workshops
9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the following dates:
- Wednesday, Dec 16 (limit 60 people)
- Wednesday, Jan 20 (limit 60 people)
- Wednesday, Feb 17 (limit 60 people)
- Wednesday, Mar 24 (limit 60 people)
- Wednesday, Apr 21 (limit 60 people)
If the workshop month is no longer listed above, then the workshop is full.
Have questions or would like additional information?
Please contact Rachel Reece at 918-259-7744 or email@example.com.