Requirements to Transfer Schools
The window for 2022-23 intra-district transfer applications is now closed. Applications for the 2023-24 will begin April 1, 2023.
If you are an employee, please contact the Enrollment Center.
Per Board Policy 4170 all intra-district transfer requests received before June 1 will be considered for the following school year.
IF YOU HAVE MOVED, you MUST complete the Change of Address form found at "Change of Address" webpage to ensure accurate student records. An IDT application is not necessary for those completing the Change of Address form. Students are allowed to stay at their current site for the duration of the school year, or immediately move to the new school site that is within the boundary of the new address. Please be aware that if a family chooses to stay at the current site, no transportation services will be provided. If a student wishes to stay at the current site for the following year, an IDT application must be filled out during the annual IDT window. IDT applications must be filled out each year and can be denied based upon capacity, discipline, or attendance issues.
The IDT window to enter a request is open annually April 1 - May 31. All requests are processed using an online form. Applicants will receive notification of the decision by July 1, and transfer requests will be reviewed in the order they are received.
All IDT requests will be processed before ODT applications begin July 1 annually, in order to accommodate Broken Arrow residents.
Please note: Early Childhood Center IDT requests may not receive approval/denial notification until Aug. 15 each year, and availability is extremely limited.
Thank you for visiting our website to learn more about our student transfer policy. We appreciate your interest in Broken Arrow Public Schools, where our mission is to educate, equip and empower a community of learners by providing dynamic learning opportunities which enable all students to be successful.
The BAPS student transfer procedures are done in accordance with district policy and state law. You can download our comprehensive district policy below.
- All PK students must first be enrolled with their home district before applying for a transfer. No PK transfer requests will be accepted without first having a state student identification number that must be created by the sending district. (The Oklahoma State Department of Education is aware of the challenges of this process and is actively working to find a solution.)
- The State Department of Education requires that the following form be completed to apply for a transfer: Application for Open Transfer of Student (Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org upon completion.)
- Transfer applications for the 2022-2023 can be submitted beginning July 1, 2022. No applications will be accepted before this date for 2022-23.
- Transfer requests will be reviewed within 15 business days of receiving the completed transfer form. The entire approval process can take up to 30 business days except in cases of students requiring special services, which could take longer.
- To accept a transfer, enrollment in the grade the parent requests must be under the district-established capacity. The district’s capacity and vacancy numbers for each grade and school can be found below. New transfers will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Children of BAPS certified teachers and active-duty military personnel will be automatically accepted.
- Transfers may be denied based on capacity, attendance and/or disciplinary incidents.
- Accepted transfers do not have to reapply each year. However, these transfers will be evaluated annually and could be revoked for attendance and/or discipline.
- Transfers for siblings must be considered separately.
- Transfer students must abide by eligibility requirements established by the Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association (OSSAA) for OSSAA-sanctioned activities.
- Transfer decisions may be appealed by the procedure identified in board policy.
- Transfer applicants may not choose the school site when applying to BAPS. Sites accepting transfers will be rotated to maintain balance.
- No transportation is provided for transfer students.
- Transfer students may not attend 100% virtually, courses must be either in-person or blended learning.
List of documents and application link referenced above:
- Student Transfers: Board Policy 4400
- Application for Open Transfer of Student
- Upon completion, please submit form to email@example.com.
- Subject line for email must read as follows: Open Transfer Student Last Name, Student First Name (example: Open Transfer Smith, John)
- Capacity and Building Information