Requirements to Transfer Schools
The window for 2023-24 intra-district transfer applications is now closed.
Per Board Policy 4170 all intra-district transfer requests received before June 1 will be considered for the following school year.
IF YOU HAVE MOVED, you MUST complete the Change of Address form to ensure accurate student records. An IDT application is not necessary for those completing the Change of Address form. Students are allowed to stay at their current site for the duration of the school year, or immediately move to the new school site that is within the boundary of the new address. Please be aware that if a family chooses to stay at the current site, no transportation services will be provided. If a student wishes to stay at the current site for the following year, an IDT application must be filled out during the annual IDT window. IDT applications must be filled out each year and can be denied based upon capacity, discipline, or attendance issues.
The IDT window to enter a request is open annually April 1 - May 31. All requests are processed using an online form. Applicants will receive notification of the decision by July 1, and transfer requests will be reviewed in the order they are received.
All IDT requests will be processed before ODT applications begin July 1 annually, in order to accommodate Broken Arrow residents.
Thank you for visiting our website to learn more about our student transfer policy. We appreciate your interest in Broken Arrow Public Schools, where our mission is to educate, equip and empower a community of learners by providing dynamic learning opportunities which enable all students to be successful.
The BAPS student transfer procedures are done in accordance with district policy and state law. You can download our comprehensive district policy below.
- The State Department of Education requires that the following form be completed to apply for a transfer: Application for Open Transfer of Student. We do not accept any paper forms via email, US mail, text, fax, walk in, etc.
- Transfer applications for the 2023-2024 school year can be submitted beginning June 1, 2023. No applications will be accepted before this date for the 2023-24 school year. The administration will not approve or deny transfers received for the next school year until after the July 1 capacity data is determined for each grade level and site within the school district.
- Transfer requests will be reviewed within 15 business days of receiving the completed transfer form. The entire approval process can take up to 30 business days except in cases of students requiring special services, which could take longer.
- To accept a transfer, enrollment in the grade the parent requests must be under the district-established capacity. The district’s capacity and vacancy numbers for each grade and school can be found below. New transfers will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Children of BAPS certified teachers and active-duty military personnel will be automatically accepted.
- Transfers may be denied based on capacity, attendance and/or disciplinary incidents.
- Accepted transfers do not have to reapply each year. However, these transfers will be evaluated annually and could be revoked for attendance and/or discipline.
- Transfers for siblings must be considered separately.
- Transfer students must abide by eligibility requirements established by the Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association (OSSAA) for OSSAA-sanctioned activities.
- Transfer decisions may be appealed by the procedure identified in board policy.
- Transfer applicants may not choose the school site when applying to BAPS. Sites accepting transfers will be rotated to maintain balance.
- No transportation is provided for transfer students.
List of documents and application link referenced above:
- Student Transfers: Board Policy 4400
- Application for Open Transfer of Student
- Upon completion, please submit form to email@example.com.
- Subject line for email must read as follows: Open Transfer Student Last Name, Student First Name (example: Open Transfer Smith, John)
- Capacity and Building Information
- Appeal Form