Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Broken Arrow Public Schools


Ajax Loading Image


FAQs about Applying for Jobs

What does it mean when a job posting shows POOL? 

When a job posting shows “POOL," there are multiple openings in that job category in the district, so one specific site/location cannot be listed. It may also mean there is internal movement within the district, so the site/location of the position has not yet been determined.

If you are contacted to schedule an interviewed for a position that shows “POOL," the hiring manager will be able to provide you with more information about the site/location of the position.

If I cannot log in to my application, what do I do?

Click “Forgot Password” under the login section and enter the email address associated with your account. You will then receive an email with a link to log in to your account.

If you are no longer able to access the account associated with that email address, please select "Request Technical Help" on the login page for assistance.

If I am graduating from an education program, but my certification has not yet been issued, can I still apply for certified positions?

Yes! You are welcome to apply for certified positions if you are preparing to graduate or have recently graduated, even if your certificate has not been issued. On the “Certification Information” section of the application, select “Anticipated” as the status of your certification. 

After I apply for a position, when will I hear back from Broken Arrow Public Schools?

When you complete your application and apply for a position, your application becomes viewable by the hiring managers. The hiring managers will review all the applications and will contact you if they would like to schedule an interview. There is no set timeframe when you will hear back from the hiring managers. Each principal or director may have a different timeline filling their open position.

How can I tell when a position has been filled?

When a posting is no longer on the job application website, it has been filled and is no longer available. When possible, the human resources department also sends an email to all applicants to inform them that it has been filled.

How do I become certified so that I can apply for certified positions?

Teacher certifications are issued by the Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE). To learn how to become certified, please visit the OSDE’s teacher certification website at http://sde.ok.gov/sde/teacher-certification or you may call the OSDE’s teacher certification department at 405-521-3337.

What are the qualifications to be a paraprofessional?

The qualifications to become a paraprofessional in a special education classroom are either providing proof that you have completed 48 college hours at an accredited institution or that you passed the ParaPro exam. If you have not completed 48 college hours or passed the ParaPro exam, you are still encouraged to apply for a paraprofessional position. If you are selected for a position, the special services department will work with you to schedule the ParaPro exam, which is offered by the district. There is a cost for this exam, and special services will inform you of the current cost of the exam when scheduling.

What do I do if my account becomes inactive? 

If you do not log in to your application within one year, it is moved to an “inactive” status. At that time, you will receive an email informing you your application is inactive. If you would like to reactive your application so you can be considered for positions, log in to your account, and the site will prompt you to reactive it.

How do I know if my application is complete and viewable by the hiring managers?

The hiring managers are unable to view your application until it is complete, which means you have entered all of the required information on your application. Once you complete all required fields, your application will be viewable by the hiring managers.