The Broken Arrow Tiger Strike Robotics Team 6026 is a competitive part of the First Robotics Competition (FRC) circuit. This team includes students in grades 9-12 and mentors who are working together for a common goal: to build a robot that will be competitive and make use of unique engineering ideas. As part of this team, students will learn cad programs, coding, pneumatic systems, engineering and electrical basics.
Robotics Build Season Timeline
- Pre-build Season
- The team meets early in the year at Vanguard Academy to help new students begin to learn programming and coding.
- Students are taught how to use the shop tools and machines that will be using during the build season.
- The team learns about the competition challenge at the kick-off event.
- The team begins brainstorming ideas to meet this year's game challenges and rules.
- Build Season
- Once ideas are in place, the team narrows down the ideas and begin making prototypes of the individual components.
- The team refines the prototypes and contemplates how to fit everything on the robot.
- The team discusses motor ratios, pneumatic usage and electrical components.
- Frame perimeters are a key component to the team figuring out how everything is going to fit together on the bot.
- Team check-in, robot check-in and pit assembly happen first.
- Preliminary matches occur throughout the first two days of the competition.
- Alliances of three teams compete against another three-team alliance.
- Between matches, there is time to work on the robot to make any necessary repairs or adjustments.
For more information about the robotics team, please contact Kristi Mowery at email@example.com.