Canvas is an online learning management system that allows parents to view assignments and grades for SECONDARY students only.
How to register and use:
- Types of Parent Access
- Canvas Observer Role: Parents have the ability to view their students’ course content (assignment due dates, assignments, course modules, etc.). When a parent creates a Canvas “Observer” account, they are able to follow their student in Canvas.
- Canvas Parent App: You can view a simplified version of your student’s course events, upcoming assignments and grades. You can also add and view multiple students in your account.
- How do I choose what access I need?
- Observer role is a more detailed view of a course (course pages, assignments, quiz index, discussions-if allowed, messaging option to teacher and your student, grades, syllabus, announcements, calendar)
- Parent app is a simplified view (student course calendar, grades, assignments)
Parents can register for Canvas either through the Canvas Parent App found in your mobile app store or through the observer role on baps.instructure.com. Simply follow the onscreen prompts for “Parent of a Canvas user?” Please note that you will need a pairing code from your student. Your student can locate this number under the account button when they are logged into Canvas. If you have a student in grades 6-8, the pairing code can be requested from the school's office staff.
For more information, please view the video tutorials below or contact your child's school site.