Oklahoma’s Promise tuition scholarship program information for grades 8-11
Oklahoma’s Promise is a college or technology center tuition scholarship program in which Oklahoma students in grades 8-11 are able to apply if their parents/guardians meet certain income criteria. The income requirements are as follows:
Must be a student whose parents' federal adjusted gross income does not exceed:
- $60,000 with 1 or 2 dependent children OR
- $70,000 with 3 or 4 dependent children OR
- $80,000 with 5 or more dependent children.
Special income provisions may apply to:
- Children adopted from certain court-ordered custody and children in the custody of court-appointed legal guardians.
- Social Security benefits based on the disability or death of the student’s parent(s).
Students must also meet academic and conduct requirements in high school.
If a student is approved for this scholarship, there is a savings around $1,800 in Broken Arrow Public Schools’ Dual Credit to College Degree program. After high school, students can save money on the cost of college tuition.
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school counselor.