Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Broken Arrow Public Schools


Ajax Loading Image


Frequently Asked Questions

How do I check my child out for a doctor’s appointment?

Northeastern State University-BA will have an administrative assistant available to take calls.

Who do I call if my child is absent?

9th graders will call the Broken Arrow Freshman Academy, and 10th graders will call Broken Arrow High School. BAPS staff will have access to students at the new Early College High School site.

Who is my child’s administrator?

Dr. Kim Garrett, kgarrett@baschools.org, 918-259-4700.

What if a student has an IEP or 504 plan?

If you have any questions about whether this is the best placement for your child, please contact your child’s File Teacher if your student is on an IEP or call your child’s counselor if he/she is on a 504 plan.

If after reaching out, your student still requires direct instruction or co-taught services, the best placement will be their home site (Broken Arrow Freshman Academy/Broken Arrow High School) in order to receive designated services.

How do I check my child’s grades?

Like other Broken Arrow students, current grades will be available via Canvas. Semester report cards will be available via Home Access Center.

What happens if a teacher is absent?  Who is the sub?

We will identify highly qualified substitute teachers for Early College High School. Like other BA teachers, teachers will enter their absence online and substitute teachers will pick up assignments.

What if my child needs medication during the day?

Medication will be kept in a locked cabinet at Northeastern State University-BA. A health aide will be available to administer medication, as needed.

Will the district still honor free and reduced breakfast/lunch?

Yes, students can grab a to-go breakfast at Broken Arrow Freshman Academy to eat on the shuttle to Northeastern State University. A BA food truck will be at Northeastern State University-BA to serve lunch each day.

Students will be responsible for requesting a lunch each day by filling out a linked form located within their Canvas portal.

Who do I contact if my child is experiencing problems, including academic, disciplinary, bullying, etc.?

Please contact your child’s Advisory teacher.

What is the difference between traditional dual enrollment and early college high school?

In short, both programs offer students the opportunity to pursue college-level, credit-bearing course work while still in high school. Generally, Early College High Schools provide college credit–bearing course work in a smaller, supportive classroom setting intended to boost the level of preparation for continued college work.

Dual-enrollment courses, however, may be offered in a variety of settings, including at traditional, comprehensive high schools or on college campuses.

Where can I get an overview of ECHS procedures?

For a general overview of daily procedures at ECHS, students and parents are encouraged to read the ECHS Rules of Survival.