Change of Address
An address change can be submitted online during the Returning Student Registration period. This process happens during the end of the school year.
If the Returning Student Registration process for the next new school year has been completed and an address has changed, then it is the parent/legal guardian's responsibility to update the student records to ensure accuracy in reporting and communication efforts as required by law.
Please follow these steps:
1. Please complete the Change of Address form and either print or save in .pdf format.
2. Please copy a proof of the residency document; either of the following will be accepted:
A. A current utility (gas, water or electric) bill issued within the last 30 calendar days (disconnect/final notices are not accepted). *Please upload marriage license if utility is in the name of step-parent.
B. Copy of signed contract for new home/new build contract with closing date.
3. Copy of the parent/guardian's ID.
The change of address form, proof of residency, and required ID can be emailed to email@example.com OR copies can be brought to the Enrollment Center during normal business hours.
A name listed on address verification documents used for student enrollment must match a biological parent or legal guardian as shown on birth certificate or within legal document. If there are multiple students affected by the change of address, only one "Change of Address" form is necessary.
Please note changes in the transfer law:
- If a resident student moves out of the district during the school year, the student retains the right to continue in their current district for the remainder of the year (70 O.S. § 8-101.2).
- If the student wishes to continue in the current district for the next school year, they should be treated as a transfer.
Address changes that cause a child to change school sites within the district can also impact school transportation. If you have questions, please contact the Transportation department at 918-259-4550.