Who we are, and how you can help
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Broken Arrow Public Schools. The mission of Broken Arrow Public Schools is to educate, equip and empower a community of learners by providing dynamic learning opportunities which enable all students to be successful. Volunteers like you offer invaluable support to the district and help us achieve our mission.
To get connected, please follow these three easy steps:
- Contact your preferred school site. The school will connect you with the Site Volunteer Coordinator to determine the best fit between the school's volunteer needs and your goals, talents and availability.
- Download the annual volunteer paperwork, which includes the volunteer contract and volunteer affidavit. This paperwork is due each school year.
- Return the completed paperwork to the main office at your preferred school.
- The affidavit requires the signature of a notary public. Many of our school sites staff a notary public. Banking/financial institutions, city halls and shipping businesses often staff them as well.
If you are volunteering in the following capacities, you also need to complete an annual criminal background check in addition to the required paperwork:
- volunteer substitute teacher
- volunteer assistant coach – athletics or fine arts
- student mentor or tutor
- student trip chaperone for athletics, fine arts, school clubs, etc.
The criminal background check authorization needs to be completed and emailed to Lindsay Drake in Human Resources for processing.
If you have any questions, please contact the school site or Lindsay Drake.