Leisure Park's Club and Activities
As part of its mantra of “100 percent Literacy, Engagement, Graduation,” Broken Arrow Public Schools continually focuses on providing students with educational opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom. Research shows that school connectedness is one of the most influential factors for success in our students, and it is important for us to create an environment in which every student has a niche.
Membership in the following clubs or activities are voluntary and do not affect classroom grades.
For more information, please contact Leisure Park at 918-259-4420.
Sponsors: Mrs. Wessinger
The Student Council at Leisure Park Elementary School is a school-sponsored activity designed to provide students with opportunities to:
- Develop Leadership Potential
- Initiate and Complete Community Service Projects
- Create a Climate of Cooperation among the Leisure Park family, including administration, teachers, students and parents
- Support the efforts of Tiger Challenge to create a safe environment in which to learn together
- Students in grades 3, 4, or 5
- Maintain no less than a "B" average in all coursework
- Sustain a 97% attendance rate
- Model positive behavior as evidenced by no disciplinary referrals
- Must be willing to create and present a Nomination or Appointment Speech to the 3rd-5th grade student body
Kindness and Compassion (KC Club)
Sponsor: Mrs. Schanck and Ms. Warrren
The KC Club is based on the district-wide Tiger Challenge. This service organization is for students in grades 3, 4, and 5. The club meets once every month before school to plan and participate in service projects. Some projects may include food drives, making Valentine's Day cards for retirement home residents, collection of items for orphanages, and raising funds to provide postage for Blue Star Mothers.
Sponsor: Miss Dyess
The Running Club will promote student engagement, foster healthy life skills, create lifelong memories, develop friendships among peers, and much more. We believe this is a perfect way to foster each child's growth, especially as it will be a non-competitive environment. We want success for each child, so the practices will be designed so each child has success and enjoys their experience.