Become a Substitute
Looking for a flexible schedule? Interested in a career in education? Want to make a difference in the lives of our students? Then join our team by substituting. We offer a wide variety of teacher and classroom support opportunities throughout the district. You may create your own work schedule, work as little or as often as you choose, pick assignments that best fit you and so much more!
View substitute pay rates.
Qualifications to be a Substitute
- Must have a high school diploma or GED to be eligible to substitute
- Does NOT require a teaching certification
- 21 years and older are eligible to substitute for all school sites (early childhood centers, elementary and secondary)
- 18 to 20 years old are eligible to only substitute for early childhood centers, elementary and middle school sites
- Must attend substitute workshop
Steps to Become a Substitute
- Simply complete and save the Broken Arrow Online Substitute Application. Make sure to select “Substitute” for the application type.
- Before logging out of the system, apply to attend a workshop by selecting the "Job" tab at the top navigation bar.
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address after applying for a workshop.
Substitute Workshop Information
It is mandatory that all candidates attend a 2.5 hour workshop before substituting. Workshops are held monthly and only the first 60 applicants will be accepted per class.
What to bring to a workshop
Acceptable IDs to be copied during the workshop
$55 cash for fingerprint and background screening (checks/money orders are not accepted)
Copy of Oklahoma teaching certificate (if applicable)
Voided check or documentation from your bank for direct deposit
Time and Location of Workshops
- 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Broken Arrow Public Schools
Education Service Center – Board Room
701 South Main Street
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Upcoming Substitute Workshops
- April 23
If the workshop month is no longer listed above, then the workshop is full.
Have questions or would like additional information?
Please contact Rachel Reece at 918-259-7744 or email@example.com.