Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Broken Arrow Public Schools


Ajax Loading Image



For school enrollment, a parent or guardian shall provide one of the following:

  1. Current, up-to-date immunization records (as listed below) OR
  2. A completed and signed exemption form. We encourage parents to visit with your school site’s health office or District Health Coordinator Linda Aycock at laycock@baschools.org in an effort to ensure the exemption form is properly completed for the State’s approval.

Required immunizations for pre-kindergarten students: 

  • DTap/DTP - 4
  • Varicella - 1
  • OPV/IPV - 3
  • HEP B - 3
  • MMR - 1
  • HEP A  - 2

Required immunizations for kindergarten through 12th grade students:

  • DTap/DPT - 5
  • Varicella - 1
  • OPV/IPV - 4
  • HEP B - 3
  • MMR - 2
  • HEP A - 2
  • Tdap - 1 for students entering 7th grade

Please note that not every state requires HEP A, which means your child may not have received the immunization if you are moving to Oklahoma from another state. Visit http://www.immunize.org/laws/hepa.asp to determine if your state required the HEP A. 

Please visit the Oklahoma State Department of Health for more information about immunizations.

Oklahoma law states that no minor child shall be admitted to any public, private or parochial school operation in Oklahoma unless the parent or guardian can present to the school authorities certification from a licensed physician or the public health authorities that such child has received the immunizations that are required by the State Board of Health. Immunizations may be obtained from local physicians or the Tulsa City-County Health Department. If the student's record has been lost, parents should contact the physician's office or Health Department where immunizations were received. Students following a medically approved schedule for completion of immunizations may be allowed to attend school; however, parents/guardians are required to present a schedule for completion of the required immunizations that has been signed by a licensed physician or public health authority. Many facilities have waiting lists. Be sure to make appointments so that your child may attend school.