Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Broken Arrow Public Schools


Ajax Loading Image


A New Approach to Teaching and Learning

The global pandemic profoundly impacted all areas of life at the beginning of 2020. It dramatically altered the way we educate and engage with students, parents and employees. The term “pivot” became part of everyday conversations, and luckily for us, Broken Arrow Public Schools was able to do just that. Whether through face-to-face instruction, digital tools or distance learning, we strive to create a safe learning environment while also generating high student achievement. 




  1. Eight Distance Learning Mondays replaced Late Start Wednesdays and shortened the school day for the 2020-21 school year.
  2. Distance Learning Mondays allow students and teachers to continue practicing distance learning days throughout the year in the event of having to stay home for an extended period of time.
  3. Independent learning allows students to access previously learned concepts at their own pace and to review virtual materials until they grasp key concepts.
  4. Nearly 67% of the day provides time for professional development, collaboration, instructional planning and mandated training. The remaining 33% allows for distance learning student/parent support and lunch.
  5. Distance learning days may also be used as an option for school closures as to not extend the last day of school.

For more information, please contact your child’s principal or teacher.