Albany Street (61st Street) widening project starting April 10
Construction to Albany Street (61st Street) from 9th Street (Lynn Lane) through 23rd Street (Country Line Road) will begin on Monday, April 10.
The project is being administered through the Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) and will consist of widening Albany Street (61st St.) to five lanes from 9th Street (Lynn Lane) through the intersection of 23rd Street (County Line Rd.) and will also include installation of two new traffic signals (Albany & 23rd as well as Albany & 12th intersections).
Phase I project traffic impacts are as follows:
- Traffic on Albany Street will be shifted to the south and will be one lane in each direction (no dedicated lane turn lane will be available).
- North/south traffic through the Albany & 23rd Street intersection will be shifted to the west and will be one lane in each direction. No left hand turns, in any direction, will be allowed at the Albany & 23rd intersection.
- Left hand turns will be allowed along the Albany Street Corridor between 9th & 23rd Streets. Again, no left hand turns, in any direction, will be allowed at the Albany & 23rd intersection.
- Off duty police officers will be utilized to direct traffic and facilitate turning movements for school entrances at the following locations/times:
Broken Arrow High School - view map
- Eastern most entrance from Albany (A.M. ONLY)
- Western most entrance from Albany (P.M. ONLY)
Creekwood Elementary & Creekwood Early Childhood Center (ECC) - view map
- Western most Creekwood Elementary entrance from Albany (A.M. ONLY)
- Eastern most Creekwood Early Childhood Center entrance from Albany (P.M. ONLY)
- The 23rd Street entrance to the High School will be open to traffic during the morning, lunch time and afternoon peak hours only. This entrance will be closed at all other times.
- Right turns only are required at the following school exists/times:
- Eastern most High School exit onto Albany (ALL TIMES)
- High School exit onto 23rd (P.M. ONLY)
- Western most Creekwood Elementary exit onto Albany (P.M. ONLY)
If you have any questions, please call the Engineering and Construction Department at 918-259-7000 ext. 5414.