Vanguard Academy accepting applications from current 8th grade students
Vanguard Academy of Broken Arrow is currently accepting applications for a new class of approximately 75 freshman students for the 2024-25 school year.
The district’s state-of-the-art innovation facility is ideal for students who seek opportunities to follow their passions, strive to help people and the world become better versions of themselves, and crave an active learning environment.
The following is the upcoming application/acceptance timeline:
- Jan. 4, 2024 - Application opens for 8th grade students. < Submit Application>
- Feb. 16, 2024 - Application closes
- Feb. 26 - March 6 - Student interviews by invitation
- March 25 - March 28 - Students notified of acceptance decision
- March 28 - The last day for students to accept the invitation to Vanguard for the 2024-25 school year. Family Acceptance Celebration!
Incoming freshmen can apply for either of the following programs:
- XPO: Full-time, project-based learning program for students in grades 9-12. Innovators earn core credits through interdisciplinary courses and elective credits through a multitude of experiences focused on exposing, expanding and exploring. XPO provides students with a wide range of opportunities to improve the world, which culminates with an eXPOsition into a passionate learning experience during a student’s senior year.
- BA Design Lab (BAd Lab): Full-time, human-centered design program for BAPS students in grades 9-12. Innovators earn core and elective credits through a combination of immersion, seminar and design experiences. BAd Lab culminates with innovators leading a 9-month human-centered design thinking project related to the topic or issue that drives them, inspires them or breaks their heart.
Fine arts students and student-athletes can participate in either option.
Learn more about the Vanguard Academy by contacting 918-259-4320.