Oklahoma Driver License/Permit requirements
Proof of 8th grade reading proficiency and/or proof of school enrollment are no longer required to apply for a driver license or permit.
- House Bill 1715 was signed into law April 26, 2021
- Section1: Repeals the requirement that any person under the age of 18 demonstrate satisfactory reading ability at the 8th grade reading level, using the ELA statewide student assessment or any alternative reading proficiency test in order to apply for a driver license or permit.
- Section 2: Repeals the requirement that any person under the age of 18 provide proof of school enrollment, or documentation excusing them from this requirement, and proof of successfully passing the 8th grade reading test in order to receive a driver license or permit.
- Oklahoma Department of Public Safety-Applying for a Learner Permit
- Oklahoma Department of Public Safety- List of Approved Driver Education Schools
- Oklahoma Department of Public Safety- Parent-Taught Driver Education