Board of Education approves 2022-23 Instructional Calendar
Broken Arrow Public Schools Board of Education approved the 2022-23 Instructional Calendar (pdf) at its regularly scheduled meeting on March 7.
- Students in grades K-12 will return for their first day of school on Wednesday, Aug. 24. The first day of school for Pre-K students is Friday, Aug. 26. The last day of school is scheduled for Thursday, May 25.
- There are eight pre-planned Distance Learning Mondays built into the calendar for teacher collaboration and instructional planning. These dates are Sept. 12, Oct. 3, Nov. 7, Dec. 5, Feb. 6, March 6, April 3 and May 1.
- If school is closed due to inclement weather or other emergencies, distance learning will be used for those days. Additionally, Feb. 20 (Presidents’ Day) and/or April 21 may be used for in-person learning as a result of multiple closures.
- The date of graduation commencement for the Class of 2023 will be released next winter.
The 2022-23 calendar was developed using survey responses provided by parents/guardians and employees at the end of January. The survey was sent to parents/guardians and staff through all communications channels, including email, the district website and social media. The district received 4,892 total responses.
- 59.57% of people prefer to have a new calendar voted on every year instead of the district proposing a 2-year calendar.
- 81.95% of people prefer using distance learning days in the event of unforeseen district closures, meaning that the last day of school is set and not altered.
- 65% of people prefer to have the entire week out of school for Thanksgiving.
For questions or concerns, please contact your child’s school site.