Important graduation information for May 20, ticket link now available
Broken Arrow High School’s senior class will celebrate their graduation at Broken Arrow High School’s Memorial Stadium at 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 20.
The following is important information about the 2021 BAHS graduation for Broken Arrow students, parents and patrons.
Graduation Photo Proof
Graduates who are participating in the ceremony should complete this registration form. This form will help district leadership prepare for the event and will provide the photography company with your contact information for photo proofs. This form only needs to be completed once.
To allow for social distancing, each graduate can now have up to eight guests. Families can get their free tickets by using this link: https://gofan.co/app/events/304311. Please note that the service charge will be removed once you enter your promo code (graduate’s student ID number). BE SURE TO CLAIM UP TO 8 TICKETS AT ONCE! You will only be able to enter your student ID one time in the promo code box.
- Stadium gates will open at 6 p.m. Please have your tickets viewable when you arrive at the gate.
- Seating will be available on the home side and visitor’s side. Seating is first come, first served. Guests are asked to be in their seats by 6:45 p.m. for an 7 p.m. start time.
- Graduates should report to their designated area at the high school no later than 5:30 p.m.
- Water will be available for patrons to purchase. Water will be provided to students.
- Items that could be considered a distraction to the graduation ceremony such as inflatables or noise makers are not allowed inside Memorial Stadium. There will be a security check of bags and personal belongings as patrons enter.
- Those not able to attend the ceremony can view the event live online via ArrowVision.tv or the district’s YouTube channel.
The safety and health of our students, staff and patrons remain our top priority. District leadership will continue to follow the guidance and expertise of local health officials.
- We encourage guests and graduates to continue following CDC guidelines and social distancing practices.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at multiple locations throughout the stadium for patrons and graduates.
- Face coverings can be worn at your discretion.
- It is likely to be warm outside, so the district encourages those with heat sensitivities or health issues to watch the ceremony online.
- Continue to use preventative hygiene practices:
- Stay home if you are sick or have a fever.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Information for Graduates
GRAD REHEARSAL: Due to the size of graduation, students must attend a mandatory rehearsal the morning of Thursday, May 20. Principal Crystal Barber will address all students at this time with expectations and procedures as well as where they will need to arrive on the evening of graduation. More info coming soon.
DRESS CODE: Graduates should bring all parts of their graduation attire (stole, honor stoles, etc.) including their mortarboard WITHOUT decorations and their tassel on May 20. Graduates must follow school dress code underneath their graduation gown. Sandals are permitted and wearing heels is discouraged as it will be difficult to walk on the football field turf.
POST CEREMONY CELEBRATION: Project Graduation will be held after the graduation ceremony on May 20 at Broken Arrow High School. Students must participate in the graduation ceremony and be wearing their graduation wristband to attend. They will be excused from school on Friday, May 21. Admission will take place from 10:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. in the gym lobby, and students will be released at 2 am. Food and activities will be provided.
If you have questions or experience any issues, please contact Christian Welborn at firstname.lastname@example.org.