BAHS Student Life newsletter May 2
Advanced Placement Exam Dates
Broken Arrow High School will be following the Advanced Placement (AP) exam schedule provided on the college board website. Tests will begin May 2 and end May 13.
Summer School and Credit Advancement
Students in 9-12 grades who need high school credits through credit recovery or credit advancement can now enroll in summer school. Students may enroll in up to four classes (two at a time) for credit recovery and two classes (one at a time) for credit advancement. There will be two summer sessions:
- June 6 through June 30. The deadline to register for this session is June 1.
- July 5 through July 28. The deadline to register for this session is June 29.
Courses can be completed in-person at Broken Arrow High School, online, tutoring or blended format. Students will need to use their school-issued Chromebooks for summer classes.
This year, the cost of summer school is a flat fee of $45 and will cover up to two credit recovery classes. For students on reduced lunch, the cost is $35. For students on free lunch, the cost is $25. Credit advancement classes are offered at $75 per course ($45 for students on reduced lunch and $35 for students on free lunch). Parents should not pay for summer school until they have confirmed attendance with their child’s counselor.
To enroll, parents must complete the online enrollment form. Upon completion of the online enrollment form, the student’s counselor will contact parents to discuss and finalize course enrollment, as well as provide the parent with information regarding payment. All payments will be accepted online.
If you have questions, please contact your school site counselor.
Graduation Ticket Information
Broken Arrow High School’s senior class will celebrate their graduation at Broken Arrow High School’s Memorial Stadium at 7 p.m. on Monday, May 16. The makeup dates are May 17 or May 18 if there is inclement weather. Project Graduation will take place Monday, May 16, regardless of weather.
The following is important information about the 2022 BAHS graduation for Broken Arrow students, parents and patrons.
To keep from exceeding stadium capacity, each graduate can now have up to eight guests. Families can get their free tickets by using this link. Please note that the service charge will be removed once you enter your promo code (graduate’s student ID number). Tickets can be shared or transferred by email or text.
Stadium gates will open at 5:30 p.m. Please have your tickets viewable when you arrive at the gate.
- Seating will be available on the home side and visitor’s side. Seating is first come, first served. Guests are asked to be in their seats by 6:45 p.m. for a 7 p.m. start time.
- Graduates should report to their designated area at the high school no later than 5 p.m. More information will be provided on the staging areas in the coming week.
- Water and concessions will be available for patrons to purchase. Water will be provided to students.
- Items that could be considered a distraction to the graduation ceremony such as inflatables or noise makers are not allowed inside Memorial Stadium. There will be a security check of bags and personal belongings as patrons enter.
- Those not able to attend the ceremony can view the event live online via ArrowVision.tv or the district’s YouTube channel.
- Information for Graduates
DRESS CODE: Graduates should bring all parts of their graduation attire (stole, honor stoles, etc.) including their mortarboard WITHOUT decorations and their tassel on May 16. Graduates must follow school dress code underneath their graduation gown. Sandals are permitted, but wearing heels is discouraged as it will be difficult to walk on the football field turf.
POST CEREMONY CELEBRATION: Project Graduation will be held after the graduation ceremony on May 16 at Broken Arrow High School. Students must participate in the graduation ceremony and be wearing their graduation wristband to attend. They will be excused from school on Tuesday, May 17. Admission will take place from 10:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. in the gym lobby, and students will be released at 2 a.m. Food and activities will be provided.
If you have questions or experience any issues, please contact Christian Welborn at email@example.com.
Dates to Remember
- Distance Learning - May 2
- Senior Receptions - May 3-5 (sign up here)
- Academic Signing - May 10
- 12 Year Senior Breakfast - May 12
- Senior Awards Assembly - May 12
- Senior Sunset - May 13
- Graduation – May 16
- Project Graduation - May 16
More information on senior events can be found here.