Students in grades 8-10 can now apply for Oklahoma Promise scholarship program to save money on college tuition
Oklahoma Promise is a college scholarship program that students in grades 8-10 can apply for now if their parents/guardians meet the following income criteria:
- The income level is $55,000 adjusted gross income.
- Students who have been adopted – NO income level upon acceptance to Oklahoma Promise.
- Students who are in legal guardianships – NO income level.
Students must also meet academic and conduct requirements in high school.
If a student is approved for this scholarship, there is a savings around $1,800 in Broken Arrow Public Schools’ Dual Credit to College Degree program. After high school, students can save money on the cost of college tuition.
Visit the Oklahoma Promise website to learn more about this program. To apply, visit the online application webpage. The following are the deadline dates of when a student must apply to qualify for this program.
- 10th graders: June 30, 2021
- 9th graders: June 30, 2022
- 8th graders: June 30, 2023
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school counselor.