Oklahoma Caring Van to offer free flu immunizations to students in November & December
To assist in obtaining the flu immunization, Broken Arrow Public Schools is teaming up with the Tulsa Health Department and the Caring Van program to offer free flu immunizations in November and December to eligible students.
A registered nurse will be available at the school sites to administer a free injectable flu vaccine to students who:
- Are eligible for SoonerCare (Oklahoma Medicaid)
- Are Native American
- Are Native Alaskan, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
- Are Uninsured
Please note that if the student does not meet at least ONE of the above criteria, he or she will be referred to a private physician for the flu vaccine.
A parent/legal guardian can complete one of the following forms and return it to the Caring Van registered nurse. A parent/legal guardian must accompany their student.
If a school site is closed due to distance learning, the Caring Van will still be available on the scheduled date. The Caring Van will be at the following school sites:
Friday, Nov. 20
- Centennial Middle School: 8:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Country Lane Intermediate: 8:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Country Lane Primary: 8:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Arrowhead Elementary: noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Broken Arrow High School: 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Central On Main: 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 30
- Childers Middle School: 8:45 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Spring Creek Elementary: 8:45 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Oliver Middle School: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Wolf Creek Elementary: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Oak Crest Elementary: 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 2
- Sequoyah Middle School: 8:45 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Vandever Elementary: 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Oneta Ridge Middle School: 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Highland Park Elementary: 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Timber Ridge Elementary: 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 4
- Leisure Park Elementary: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Lynn Wood Elementary: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Freshman Academy: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 10
- Rhoades Elementary: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Aspen Creek Elementary: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Rose Wood Elementary: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 15
- BA Options Academy: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Creekwood Elementary: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Liberty Elementary: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
For more information about the Caring Van, please contact BAPS Health Services Coordinator Linda Aycock at 918-259-5700.