Distance Learning Monday to take place Oct. 3
The district’s next Distance Learning Monday of the 2022-23 school year is Monday, Oct. 3, 2022, and all students will complete coursework at home. All employees are expected to report to work as normal.
WHY DISTANCE LEARNING?
- Eight Distance Learning Mondays replaced Late Start Wednesdays and shortened the school day for the 2020-21 school year.
- Distance Learning Mondays allow students and teachers to continue practicing distance learning days throughout the year in the event of having to stay home for an extended period of time.
- Independent learning allows students to access previously learned concepts at their own pace and to review virtual materials until they grasp key concepts.
- Nearly 67% of the day provides time for professional development, collaboration, instructional planning and mandated training. The remaining 33% allows for distance learning student/parent support and lunch.
- Distance learning days may also be used as an option for school closures as to not extend the last day of school.
For more information, please contact your child’s principal or teacher.
(Note: According to the State Department of Education, grab-and-go meals are no longer able to be provided on distance learning days.)