Free meals to continue for children 18 and under per USDA until further notice
Free and reduced program applications due Sept. 21
The U.S. Agriculture Department is extending its free-meal program during the school day for children 18 and under until further notice.
What does this mean for Broken Arrow Public Schools?
- All students will receive one free breakfast and one free lunch until notice to stop is given by the USDA. This could continue through Dec. 31, 2020, but is subject to end earlier due to available USDA funds.
- It is still VERY important for families to complete the free and reduced application if you feel your family will qualify. This application must be completed online. The district is strongly encouraging parents/guardians to have online applications completed by Sept. 21 to ensure they are processed and approved by Oct. 1.
- Students must take all food and drink components to receive it for free.
- Any second meal or extra purchases must be paid for with cash or an account.
- Virtual Academy students may pick up a meal from any school site each school day.
- On distance learning days, meals will be served in front of each school site from noon until 1 p.m.
- MySchoolBucks will available beginning Tuesday, Sept. 8.
- Teacher and adult meals must be paid for with cash, check or an account.
For more information or questions, please contact the child nutrition department at 918-259-4565.