Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Broken Arrow Public Schools


Ajax Loading Image


Revisions to enrollment procedures approved by Board of Education, residency affidavits no longer accepted

Broken Arrow Public Schools is no longer accepting residency affidavits as proof for student enrollment as approved by the Board of Education at their regularly scheduled meeting on Feb. 11.

Parents/guardians residing with a friend or relative on a temporary or permanent basis are unable to submit a residence affidavit to enroll or re-enroll their child.

“This change was ultimately made to ensure the safety of our students and to provide assurance that school sites have the correct contact information for their students,” Executive Director of Information Services Ashley Bowser said. “In the past, we’ve had numerous instances of false addresses and were not able to contact parents when needed. Additionally, this policy change is consistent with other districts in the area in efforts to ensure they are serving the students that live within school boundaries.”

Every year during the annual enrollment period, students are required to submit proof that they live within district boundaries to their school site in order to be re-enrolled for the next school year. All addresses used for student enrollment must belong to the parent or legal guardian, and documentation must include any one of the following:

  • A copy of a current gas, water or electric bill issued within the last 30 calendar days (disconnect/final notices are not accepted)
  • Apartment and home renters may bring a current signed lease along with a copy of a current gas, water or electric bill issued within the last 30 calendar days (disconnect/final notices are not accepted).
  • Families who have recently purchased a home in the district, but have not yet taken residence, may provide a signed contract on the home. 

For more information, please review the revised Board of Education policy regarding legal residency of students or contact enrollment services at 918-259-7400.