Tuition Reimbursement for Support Staff
Tuition Reimbursement Application for Support
This form serves as both a pre-approval application and a reimbursement form.
Broken Arrow Public Schools encourages employees to continue their education and, with this in mind, the district provides the following educational assistance based on a fund established each fiscal year for the district. The Education Reimbursement Program provides reimbursement to support personnel enrolled in an accredited institution to increase such employee’s expertise in his or her area of work.
- The reimbursement pre-approval application must be received prior to the start of the course and no later than the deadline stated.
- If a transcript or grades cannot be obtained by the reimbursement deadline, a letter to the committee must be submitted until a transcript or grades can be obtained. Failure to submit reimbursement materials or a letter of explanation by deadline could result in forfeiture of reimbursement allowance.
- Eligibility is limited to active, full-time support personnel. Substitutes or provisional employees are not eligible.
- Only college credit approved classes, online courses and/or other Oklahoma certification programs, such as Rhema Bible College, Tulsa Technology Center or those programs approved by the committee qualify for educational reimbursement. College and/or certification program selections must be pre-approved by the tuition committee.
- Employees must be currently employed with the district at the beginning and completion of each applied course.
- Employees must also be employed on the reimbursement pay date.
- The educational institution must be a NATIONALLY ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY to be considered for reimbursement.
- Only courses toward one advanced degree per educational level while utilizing this program (bachelors, masters or doctorate) and full credit for each course will be eligible for reimbursement.
- If the employee is deemed eligible, an approved copy of the reimbursement application will be returned to him/her. The tuition reimbursement committee will review the applications for eligibility.
- Reimbursement will not exceed $130 per credit hour or no more than $700 per certification or licensed program per semester, and up to $75 per semester towards documented book costs (for a total not to exceed $775). Requests outside of this policy will be reviewed by the committee. Any credit hours that cross semester dates will count toward the allowance of your final class date semester. (Example: Class begins Dec. 2 and ends Feb. 15, the hours will count in the Jan. 1 through July 30 allowance).
- Employees who fail to meet any of these dates and requirements, other than eligibility and crossing of fiscal years, will be considered in June for reimbursement. Consideration will apply if ALL paperwork is submitted, employee is still actively employed and if any monies are remaining in the budget by the June 5 reimbursement deadline.
- Employees qualifying for Pell grants, grant money and/or scholarships must inform the tuition committee of amounts and provide specific paperwork regarding amounts applied to tuition and fees.
- Employees must receive full credit for all classes submitted.
Employee Responsibility for Reimbursement:
- Submit completed pre-approval application by the pre-approval due dates to email@example.com.
- Upon completion of courses, provide evidence of credit for each course (i.e., detailed tuition receipts, student loan paperwork, transcript, account summary and/or grade sheet) and all itemized book receipts with proof of purchase.
If you have any questions pertaining to the Educational Assistance Program, please contact 918-259-5700 and ask for the finance department.