2018-2019 BAFA Exemption Policy
Freshman Academy students may qualify for exemption from their spring final tests by meeting the requirements below. Final tests are administered the last two days of the spring semester. There will be no exemptions from fall semester final tests.
Exemptions will be based on academic performance, absences and disciplinary action for the school year. Students must qualify in all classes, both semesters, in order to be eligible for the exemption.
- Students must have an “A” or “B” in all of their classes for both fall and spring semesters.
- Students cannot have more than three absences (excluding school-related activities) for the classes in which they have “A’s.”
- Students cannot have more than two absences (excluding school-related activities) for the classes in which they have “B’s.”
- Students who have been or are currently suspended out of school will not qualify to be exempt during spring finals.
- Students who have been or currently in In-School Placement (ISP) will not qualify to be exempt during spring finals.
Exempt students may still take final exams in an attempt to raise grade averages, but it will not lower their grade.