For school enrollment, a parent or guardian must upload these required documents:
1. Birth certificate
In most cases, a copy of a birth certificate issued by the state health department or other document that can verify student’s date of birth are required to enroll. If you have a special circumstance, our enrollment team will be happy to assist you. Visit the Oklahoma State Department of Health’s website to learn how to obtain a birth certificate.
2. Parent/Guardian ID
- Must be an official state or federal photo ID with matching name as shown on birth certificate.
- If parent/guardian is not on the birth certificate, a court document must be uploaded to show legal custody of the child.
3. Proof of residence
I. Accepted documentation would be a current (within 30 days) water, gas or electric bill.
- If the bill is in a step-parents name, a marriage license must also be provided.
- If you are currently building or have just purchased a new home, a signed contract with closing date may be accepted.
We understand that sometimes temporary housing arrangements are needed for families. Many times, guardians are added as the second person on one of these bills and that is sufficient proof of residency.
II. If the standard above options are not possible, we will accept THREE of the following: bills such as cable or cell phone/legal documents/benefit papers/lease/bank statement, etc. with the guardian name and address of current residence that is within the last 30 days. Junk mail will not be accepted. This allows families in transition a year to work towards fulfilling the standard proof of residency requirement outlined in the paragraph above for the second year of attendance.
III. There are some personal situations that do not allow for options I or II to be reasonable solutions to enroll a student. School-age children may qualify for certain rights and protections under the federal McKinney-Vento Assistance program if in any of the following situations:
- Sharing the housing of friends or family due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason
- Staying in motels or camp grounds due to the lack of an adequate alternative
- Staying in shelters or transitional housing
- Sleeping in cars, parks, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, or similar settings.
If you are unable to provide proof of residence and feel you may qualify for this program to enroll in BAPS, please contact Valerie Radford at 918-259-7497 or email@example.com. If an approval form is given by this office, please bring the signed form to the Enrollment Center to complete the student enrollment.
More information can be found at baschools.org/McKinney-Vento.
4. Immunizations Document
One of the following must be uploaded or brought to the Enrollment Center to complete student enrollment:
- Fully completed immunization records (view Oklahoma requirements) OR
- A partially completed immunization record (parent/guardian will have 30 days from day of enrollment to complete all requirements (a plan signed by a physician is accepted if the process will exceed 30 days) or the student will be withdrawn from BAPS) OR
- An Original Certificate of Exemption completed by a parent/guardian. (Download exemption form.) This form can be utilized for exemptions based upon medical conditions, religious concerns, or personal beliefs.
UPLOADED CERTIFICATES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, YOU MUST BRING THE ORIGINAL COPY TO THE ENROLLMENT CENTER.
Should the OSDE deny the exemption, all immunization requirements shall be required.
5. If the following applies to your child, please provide these documents when enrolling:
- Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) card
- Proof of Tribal Membership
- Special Education documents including any IEPs
*An academic transcript will be required to bring to the school site for students 9-12.
Please note that transportation for Pre-K students to and from the Early Childhood Centers is the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian.