Welcome to the BAPS Volunteer Program
Who we are, and how you can help
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Broken Arrow Public Schools (BAPS). The mission of BAPS is to educate, equip and empower a community of learners by providing dynamic learning opportunities which enable all students to be successful. Volunteers like you offer invaluable support to the district and help BAPS achieve its mission!
As a school volunteer, there are plenty of opportunities to work with staff and principals to positively impact students and help provide the best possible educational experience for each child. Your contribution is important to students, teachers and the community!
Each school site offers unique opportunities to become involved. Visiting with a school Site Volunteer Liaison will help determine the best fit between the school's volunteer needs and your goals, talents and availability. Whatever capacity you decide, your talents, hobbies, experiences and personality will add a new dimension to the volunteer program and enrich the lives of Broken Arrow students!
Get Connected today by completing the annual, required paperwork and connecting with a school's Site Volunteer Liaison. The safety and well-being of our students and staff is of the highest importance at BAPS. Completing the required volunteer paperwork on an annual basis (per academic school year) helps us achieve a safe and friendly environment.
Your completed and notarized paperwork needs to be returned to the school's Site Volunteer Liaison where you will be volunteering. The Site Volunteer Liaison will then connect you to the sit's volunteer coordinator and volunteer opportunities.
Follow these three easy steps to get started:
- Download the Annual Volunteer Paperwork which includes the volunteer contract and volunteer affidavit, as well as an FAQ section to answer questions you might have
- Connect with the school's Site Volunteer Liaison
- Return the completed paperwork to the Site Volunteer Liaison or to the main office at your preferred school
- The affidavit requires the signature of a notary public. Many of our school sites staff a notary public. Banking/Financial institutions, city halls and shipping businesses often staff them as well.
IF you are volunteering in the following capacities, you will also need to complete an annual Criminal Background Check in addition to the required paperwork:
- volunteer substitute teacher
- volunteer assistant coach - athletics
- volunteer assistant coach - fine arts
- student mentor or tutor
- student trip chaperone for athletics, fine arts, school clubs, etc.
Criminal Background Check authorization needs to be completed and emailed to Adrienne Stout (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Human Resources for processing.
Thank you for your cooperation!