Microsoft Office 365
Introduction to Microsoft 365
Broken Arrow Public Schools recently completed the implementation of Microsoft Office 365 for its staff. Office 365 is a new cloud-based service that offers several upgrades from older Microsoft versions including the ability to:
- Create and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files wherever and whenever.
- Enjoy a consistent Office experience across PCs, Macs, Windows tablets, iPads and most mobile devices.
- Utilize Microsoft OneDrive, which gives users unlimited personal cloud storage that can be accessed from anywhere and that syncs with their computers for offline access.
- Share and edit documents with other colleagues.
Utilizing OneDrive at Work
To fully utilize the OneDrive on your work computer, please follow these steps:
- Click the Start button on your computer
- Click All Programs near the bottom of the menu
- Click Microsoft Office 2013
- Click SkyDrive Pro 2013 or OneDrive 2013
- Click “Sync to a different library instead.”
- Click “Sync Now”
Once downloading OneDrive onto your computer, you can then find it in your file directory, by clicking the Start Menu → Computer; or by clicking Start Menu → Documents.
To save a document from your computer to One Drive, open your document, click File → Save As and then click OneDrive-Broken Arrow Public Schools.
To learn how to transfer files from your computer's hard drive to One Drive so you can access your files from anywhere, click here.
Accessing OneDrive from Home and Personal Devices
To access OneDrive or other Office 365 features, such as your email or calendar, from any other computer, please click here. (Please note that this link is also under the "Quick Links" area.) Log in with your baschools credentials. Once you’ve logged into 365, you will notice that all of the 365 features, including your email account, calendar, OneDrive and more, are listed there.
Additionally, Office 365 is available to every BAPS employee to download for free on up to five devices. This will enable you to access your work email, OneDrive storage, Outlook Calendar and Office 365 applications all in one location from any device anywhere in the world. To download your complimentary copies of Office 365, please follow the instructions below on the device(s) of your choice:
- Go to www.office.com/getoffice365
- Click on the Teachers tab
- Click on the Find out if your eligible
- On the next screen, input your district issued email address and click Sign Up.
- It will then prompt the user through various instructions to get access.
Once you have registered your home or personal devices, you may access your Microsoft Office 365 account from anywhere by logging in with your school credentials at outlook.com\baschools.org or portal.office365.com. Once you login, select the Office 365 tab in the top left corner and you will see the Office 2013 Pro installation download icon for either PC or Mac.
Still have questions? The communications and technology teams will be periodically releasing quick tidbits and tips about Office 365 via the "Quick Links" to the right and Tiger Tracks. Please do not be afraid to experiment with 365, and if you should run into any problems, please contact the Technology Help Desk at 918-258-1585.