Substitute Application Steps
Love students? Looking for a flexible schedule? Interested in a career in education? Then join the Broken Arrow School District team by substituting! We offer a wide variety of teacher and classroom support opportunities throughout the district. You may create your own work schedule, work as little or as often as you choose, pick assignments that best fit you, and so much more!
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICIATIONS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE?
- Must have a high school diploma or GED to be eligible to substitute
- Does NOT require a teaching certification
- 21 years or younger are eligible only for elementary substitute assignments, excluded from secondary school sites
HOW DO I START?
Simply complete a substitute application online! Once you have filled in all your information and saved, just apply to the “classroom substitute” job post. Make sure to select in your application which month you would like to attend the substitute workshop. That’s it. That’s all you need to do! You’ll receive an email reminder a week before the workshop of your choice as a friendly reminder.
It is mandatory that all candidates attend a 2 and a half hour workshop before substituting in the Broken Arrow Schools District. Workshops are held monthly.
What to bring to a workshop:
- Acceptable IDs to be copied during the workshop
- Please click here to view acceptable IDs per each list that are needed.
- $45 CASH for fingerprint and background screening (checks/money orders are not accepted)
- Copy of Oklahoma teaching certificate (if applicable)
- Voided check or documentation from your bank for direct deposit
Broken Arrow Public Schools
Education Service Center/Performing Arts Center – Board Room
701 South Main Street
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Upcoming Substitute Workshops:
- February 21, 2017: 9am - 11:30am *WORKSHOP IS FULL*
- March 21, 2017: 9am - 11:30am
Only the first 60 applications will be accepted per class.
Click here to view substitute pay rates for Broken Arrow Public Schools.
Have questions or would like additional information?
Please contact Rachel Reece – HR Specialist/Substitute Coordinator at 918-259-7744 or email@example.com.