Freshman Academy Enrollment and Transition Information
The transition from middle to high school can be both exciting and overwhelming for students and parents. Many questions can arise regarding the enrollment process, which classes to choose, scheduling, testing, honor classes, working with a Chromebook and the latest in classroom technology, etc.
The Broken Arrow Freshman Academy (BAFA) enrollment counselors visit each middle school site to help prepare current 8th graders for their next step and enrollment for the next school year. The counselors will hand out enrollment cards for students and their parents to fill out. The Freshman Academny Course Planning Guide contains course information.
The following information outlined below are dates important to your student at their school site.
|Middle School Site to BAFA||Date for enrollment information to go home||Date for enrollment card and proof of address to be returned to site|
|Oneta Ridge||Monday, Feb. 6, 2017||Monday, Feb. 13, 2017|
|Cenntennial||Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2017||Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017|
|Oliver||Thursday, Feb. 16, 2017||Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017|
|Sequoyah||Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017||Monday, Feb. 27, 2017|
|Childers||Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2017||Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2018|
Proof of residency/address
Students are required to attach proof of residency/address to their annual enrollment card and return this back to their school site in order to be re-enrolled for next school year.
Proof of residency/address includes any one of the following documentation:
- a copy of a current gas, water or electric bill that has been issued within the last 30 calendar days
- apartment and home renters may bring a current signed lease
- families that have recently purchased a home in the district, but have not yet taken residence, may provide a signed contract on the home
Please note, in order for students to attend Broken Arrow Public Schools:
- They must reside in the Broken Arrow Public Schools district. No out-of-district transfers will be granted, except for employees of Broken Arrow Public Schools.
- If your student is on a resident affidavit, you must complete the residency affidavit at the Enrollment Center, located at 210 N. Main Street.
- All addresses used for student enrollment must belong to the parent or legal guardian.
BAFA Orientation - All Current 8th Grade Students
Date and time to be determined - please check back
All 8th grade students will be bused to the Performing Arts Center (for a morning or afternoon session, depending on site). The BAFA Leadership Team will provide an overview of all the opportunities to become engaged at BAFA, including information about clubs, activities and events at the Freshman Academy.
Tiger Chat - All Current 8th Grade Students and Their Parents
Date(s) and Time(s) to be determined - please check back
All 8th grade students and their parents will be invited to BAFA to tour the school and attend breakout sessions. Breakout sessions include graduation requirements, TulsaTech programs, athletics, AP/Pre-AP, fine arts, and digital learning/1:1 initiative. These sessions provide a great opportunity for students and their families to become familiar with the Freshman Academy and help make the transition seamless and exciting!
Please contact Troy Rountree, Freshman Academy counselor, for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To visit the Freshman Academy website, please click here.