Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Broken Arrow Public Schools


Ajax Loading Image


Frequently Asked Questions

How do I report an absence? Please call the school by 8:00 a.m. at 918-259-4340 to report your child's absence.

How do I report a possible danger at school? To report or warn of possible danger at a school you may call Broken Arrow Police Department's Anonymous Tip Line at 918-259-1111.

What is the school policy on visitors? Safety dictates that all visitors must report to the main office. Office personnel will contact the classroom teacher for you. No student will be released directly from the classroom. Parents must sign their child(ren) in and out during regular school hours. A photo ID is required. 

What is an SRO Police Officer Liaison? Each campus is assigned a police officer who will periodically drop by the building and have lunch with the students and staff to establish relationships. They are available to assist with any situation that may arise during school hours. The SRO Police Officer Liaison for Centennial is Gary Sanders.

What are the school's disaster drill procedures? Your child's safety is our primary concern. State law mandates periodic practice fire and tornado drills. We also have procedures in place for a lock down, if necessary. When there is a lock down situation, whether a drill or not, no one will be allowed into the building until the lock down is cancelled.

What is the school's policy on tardiness? School begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. If your child arrives after that time, he/she is considered tardy and must check in at the attendance office before reporting to his/her classroom. To insure classroom continuity, it is vitally important that your child be on time for school each day.

How do I contact my child's teachers? Call the main office, 918-259-4340, and leave a message for the teacher to return your call. After regular work hours, you may call the same number and follow the directions to leave a voicemail. Teacher plan times are another good time to contact the teacher. Email is usually the quickest way to contact a teacher. Teachers email addresses can be found under the staff webpages on www.baschools.org under your childs school. 

How do I notify my child of a change in transportation home? If during the school day you need to let your child know that he/she needs to go home a different way, please call the office before 2:00 p.m. The Transportation Department prohibits students from riding on buses other than their regular one. Also, students must get off at their assigned bus stops. If you have questions regarding bus issues, please call the Transportation Department at 918-259-4340.

What if my child gets sick? Parents of students with a temperature over 100º will be contacted and asked to pick up their child. Children need to be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to school.

Can I bring my child food for lunch? Yes, and you can even eat lunch with your child. Simply check in at the attendance office before doing so. However, it is important to note that you may only bring food for your child (and you). Other students should not and are not allowed to take food that isn't provided by their parents.

Can I send balloon or flower bouquets to my child at school? Yes, however the student will not receive them until the end of the school day as balloons or flowers are not permitted in the classrooms or on buses. It is best to have these delivered to your home.

How does my school receive funding?
Each school site has various funding options at their disposal depending on the nature of their purchase. School activity funds, bond funds, and general fund are all funding sources that a school site may utilize for their daily operations.

Below is a summary of the items that are funded from the District for Centennial Middle School:

General Fund allocation:  $17,119
Fine Arts allocation:  $1,000
Drama allocation:  $200
Music allocation:  $2,000
PE allocation:  $750
Bond Site:  $10,000
Bond Media allocation:  $7,035