Substitute Application Steps
Love students? Looking for a flexible schedule? Interested in a career in education? Then join the Broken Arrow School District team by substituting! We offer a wide variety of teacher and classroom support opportunities throughout the district. You may create your own work schedule, work as little or as often as you choose, pick assignments that best fit you, and so much more!
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICIATIONS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE?
- Must have a high school diploma or GED to be eligible to substitute
- Does NOT require a teaching certification
- 21 years or younger are eligible only for elementary substitute assignments, excluded from secondary school sites
HOW DO I START?
Simply complete a substitute application online. The link below will take you to a page where you will be asked to create an account on SearchSoft. If you have ever applied for a job in this system, you may simply log in again and add the "Classroom Substitute" job to your application. PLEASE NOTE: To RSVP to a specific month, you will need to select the month you want to attend in the "When are you available to work" field in the application. Once you completed filling in ALL information in the application you then simply apply to the "classroom substitute" job post and you have successly RSVP'd to the workshop of your choice.
It is mandatory that all candidates attend a 2 and a half hour workshop before substituting in the Broken Arrow Schools District. Workshops are held monthly.
What to bring to a workshop:
- Acceptable IDs to be copied during the workshop
- Please click here to view acceptable IDs per each list that are needed.
- $45 CASH for fingerprint and background screening (checks/money orders are not accepted)
- Copy of Oklahoma teaching certificate (if applicable)
- Voided check or documentation from your bank for direct deposit
Broken Arrow Public Schools
Education Service Center/Performing Arts Center – Board Room
701 South Main Street
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Upcoming Substitute Workshops:
- January 24, 2017: 9am - 11:30am **CLASS IS FULL**
- February 21, 2017: 9am - 11:30am
- March 21, 2017: 9am - 11:30am
PLEASE RSVP TO THE WORKSHOP OF YOUR CHOICE BY CLICKING HERE.
Only the first 60 applications will be accepted per class.
Click here to view substitute pay rates for Broken Arrow Public Schools.
Have questions or would like additional information?
Please contact Rachel Reece – HR Specialist/Substitute Coordinator at 918-259-7744 or firstname.lastname@example.org.