Portrait of a Graduate
Broken Arrow Public Schools has a profound responsibility to ensure its high school students are college ready, career ready and life ready. The district is educating a generation of innovators who are motivated by creativity and problem solving. They learn in a variety of ways and are able to demonstrate readiness after high school in a variety of ways.
Students are College Ready if they meet either the academic indicators or standardized testing benchmarks listed.
GPA 2.8 out of 4.0, Algebra 2 (A, B or C) and one or more of the following academic indicators:
- Advanced Placement Exam (3+)
- Advanced Placement Course (A, B, C or D)
- Dual Credit College Course (A, B or C)
- Complete four years of four core courses (Science, History, Math, English)
- * SAT Exam: Math, Reading & Writing
- * ACT Exam: English, Reading, Science, Math
- * College Readiness Placement Assessment
* min. requirements determined by post-secondary institution
Students are Career Ready if they have identified a career interest and meet two or more of the behavioral and experiential benchmarks listed.
- Achieve a 95% attendance rate
- (for at least two of the four years of high school)
- 25 hours of community service
- Workplace learning experience
- (internships, apprenticeships, job shadowing)
- Enrollment in a program leading to an industry credential
- Career pathway
- Two or more organized co-curricular activities
- Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (earn minimum score required for all branches)
Students are Life Ready upon approval of a committee by proving competency in 7 or more of the following benchmarks through an interview process.
- Personal Financial Literacy
- Resume skills
- Interview skills
- Growth mindset
- Goals & track progress
- Leadership skills
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Coping skills
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®)