BeyondBA - Career Pathway Program
Research proves that students who are dialed into a career pathway are more likely to succeed beyond high school and easily transition to post-secondary education or the workforce. Through the Beyond BA Career Pathway Program, students are connected to a possible career path based on their personal interests, abilities and strengths as early as elementary school.
Aligned with Career Tech and higher education degree programs, Broken Arrow Public Schools career pathways are an integrated collection of curriculum and programs that provide students with a roadmap for future success and an easy-to-read plan of study. This program is operated in conjunction with the Broken Arrow Chamber and the Broken Arrow Economic Development Corporation.
Benefits for Students
- Extends the classroom into the community, which increases learning through meaningful, real-world experiences
- Observe and engage with professionals in a typical work setting or college-like atmosphere
- Develop an understanding of tasks, responsibilities and terminology that enable students to analyze or revise their future plans
Benefits for Community Partners
- Recruit and develop a future pipeline of potential employees or full-time college students
- Gain insight and a fresh perspective from highly motivated students
- Provide leadership opportunities for employees to mentor an intern