BAHS weekly announcements
Mandatory Mondays is the official weekly news show of Broken Arrow High School. This show is produced by the ArrowVision video production students of The Pulse. Be in the know at BAHS with Mandatory Mondays and follow @BAHSPulse on Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram!
The following video is for the week of Oct. 9
The following video is for the week of Oct. 9
All sophomores will be taking the PSAT on Wednesday, Oct. 11 from 8:00 a.m. - noon. Please bring TWO number 2 pencils and a calculator. Mechanical pencils are NOT allowed. If you do not have a calculator, please check one out from your math teacher on Tuesday. Please make sure that you check on Tuesday for your testing location on Wednesday morning. Starting on time will ensure a longer lunch period. Late arrivals will NOT be allowed into the testing rooms and there will NOT be a make-up test. The results from the PSAT can earn students the FREE ability to test as juniors for the National Merit Scholarship Program and scores can be used to support Concurrent college courses in the spring. Let’s show our community how smart the graduating class of 2020 is! For any questions, please speak with a sophomore administrator.
Juniors who have signed up for the PSAT:
If you signed up in the junior office to take the PSAT, please bring TWO number 2 pencils and a calculator. Mechanical pencils are NOT allowed. If you do not have a calculator, please check one out from your math teacher on Tuesday. Please report to the Auxiliary Gym at 1:45 p.m. on Monday for PRE-REGISTRATION and by 8:00 on Wednesday in the Auxiliary Gym for the PSAT Test. Late arrivals will NOT be allowed into the Auxiliary Gym and there will NOT be a make-up test. The results from the PSAT can earn students qualification for the National Merit Scholarship Program – an extremely beneficial and prestigious honor and scholarship. Let’s beat all previous classes with the highest number of National Merit Scholars from the class of 2019! For any questions, speak with a junior administrator.
Homecoming Week (Oct. 9 - 13)
- Homecoming Parade is on Tuseday, Oct. 10 starting at 5:00 p.m. on Main Street.
- Homecoming Dance is Saturday, Oct. 14 at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $15 pre-order and $20 at the door. Guest forms are due Thursday, Oct. 12 in the student union.
- Seniors—Don’t forget to purchase your senior shirt from a senior board member or from Mrs. Swisher in D-220. They’re $10.00 each. Remember, we’re going to wear them on the 18th of every month between now and May. So, be sure to get yours and join us in celebrating being a senior!
- Our 2nd annual Roller Skating Party for SENIORS only will be Monday, Oct. 23 at BA Roller Rink. The theme is Halloween, so come dressed in your best costumes! No face masks, please. The time is 6-8 p.m., and the cost is $2 if you have your own skates, $4 if you rent regular skates, and $5 if you rent speed or inline skates. Come join us for this fun event!
- Seniors, if you didn’t get to order your cap and gown when Jostens was here last, don’t worry! You have another chance. They’ll be back during both lunch periods on Friday, Oct. 27. Order early before the price goes up! If you have questions see, Mrs. Swisher in D-220.
- The Fall Blood Drive benefiting the American Red Cross will take place in the Aux gym on Oct. 26. Sign ups will be available in the Student Union beginning Oct. 9. Register by Oct. 13 for a chance to win a QT card.
- Free tutoring will be offered after school in the media center classroom beginning Oct. 24. If you need help in any of your classes, there's no need to sign up - just go to the media center on Tuesday or Thursday at 2:45 p.m. beginning Oct. 24.
- Our SMS TSA chapter is going to set up a booth in Tiger Alley on Oct. 19 for the Pink Out Football game. They are fundraising by taking $1 donations and they are making a Wall of Fighters that people can bring a picture to put on the wall of someone who has fought cancer or someone that is currently fighting cancer OR they can put a name card on the wall. We would love to make larger pictures of staff and students currently fighting to show support. All proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society.
- Thanks guys, the fellowship of Christian athletes will be hosting the 2017 Fields of Faith in the indoor facility at the varsity training center at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 11. All students are invited.
- The United club meets tomorrow at 7:15 a.m. in B262. No membership is required, just show up and enjoy donuts and words of encouragement.
- The GSA meets every Wednesday after school in Ms. Chaplin’s room B264. Come join us for some discussion, support, and fun!
- Zoology Club will have officer elections on Oct. 10 during both lunches in A158. Students running for officer positions should be sure to be present. Snacks will be provided.
- The next National Society meeting is this Tuesday. You may attend either at 7:15 a.m. in the varsity club or at 2:40 p.m. in the cafeteria.
- Coming up on Oct. 16 and 17, there will be a chromebook case swap for all juniors. If you're are junior you need to bring your old chromebook case to get a new one. You will be called down to the media center through your Junior English classes.