Oklahoma Caring Van to offer free flu immunizations to students in November
To assist in obtaining the flu immunization, Broken Arrow Public Schools is teaming up with the Caring Van program to offer free flu immunizations in November to BAPS students.
A registered nurse will be available at the school sites to administer a free injectable flu vaccine to students who:
- Are eligible for SoonerCare (Oklahoma Medicaid)
- Are Native American
- Are Native Alaskan, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
- Are Uninsured
Please note that if the student does not meet at least ONE of the above criteria, he or she will be referred to a private physician for the flu vaccine.
The Caring Van will be at the following school sites during the month of November:
- BA Options Academy: 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 27
- Centennial Middle School: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 28
- Childers Middle School: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 26
- Freshman Academy: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 27
- Oliver Middle School: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 30
- Oneta Ridge Middle School: 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 28
- Sequoyah Middle School: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 29
The Caring Van will also be at Central on Main 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 29.
A parent/legal guardian can complete one of the following forms and return it to the Caring Van registered nurse. A parent/legal guardian must accompany their student.
For more information about the Caring Van, please contact Tina Pyeatt at 918-551-3404.